Sunday, September 20, 2009

How can I Bore You? Let me Count the ways!


When someone told me a couple of years ago that I should start "blogging" , I did.

My blogging career lasted a good 2 or 3 weeks and I soon ran out of ideas.


Well, now that the real estate industry has changed so much and keeps on changing,I think I will have more to say.


In addition, I am looking forward to teling you about the premiere of a short film, "The Bailout" that I wrote and co-directed.


Today is September 20Th, 2009 and I am making a commitment to writing a blog again. This time I will keep it short, simple and hopefully a bit interesting.


Tomorrow, I turn 43 ( I think, I refuse to do the math) and so I might not blog tomorrow.


In future blogs, I would like to go into detail about some of the short sales we have worked on.


I would like to talk about buying homes at the trustee's sales and I would like to tell you about a con artist I met a few weeks ago. You might want to watch out for this guy.


Also, I am working with a fellow Realtor who has the ability to be the next Tony Robbins. So, I would like to talk about my efforts to promote his career.


The general theme of this blog will be: "What is happening TODAY in real estate."


When you look for a Realtor, you are going to want o know that they are working full time and that they know what the market is like today , not yesterday, or what they think will happen tomorrow.


Remember a few years ago, how we used to think the gravy train would never end? Few Realtors wanted to predict that the bubble was going to burst. So why listen to any of us when we predict tomorrow.


The fact is, if you want to own a home to live in and you can buy a home for 3.5% down and the monthly investment will be at, or maybe a little above what you are paying for rent now, you should go for it.


Could prices go down in the future? Sure. Could they go up? Sure, they will eventually.

But as long as you do not look at your primary residence as an investment or as an ATM, you will be fine.



Anyway, I could ramble on, but I want o make these blogs short enough to make you want o spend a few minutes reading them every so often without falling asleep.


Soon, we will start talking about that con artist and those short sale, but for now, I need to help my wife make sure the kids get to bed before nine!


Thanks

JM







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your First Blog, your first post, and now I'm honored to be your first comment. Hopefully it won't be your last! lol~ If you ever need my assistance, you know where to find me. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My real first blog was on Active Rain, the best Real Estate Website ever!
    I feel guilty every time I see your son, since we have not filmed your music video yet!

    ReplyDelete