Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Film Festival

 Too cheap and lazy to keep entering my films in other people's festivals, only to have them accept my entrance fee and deny my art, I decided I needed to start my own festival. 


What started out as really just an event to showcase a movie I co-directed and acted in has evolved into a huge annual event that requires the efforts of more than a dozen volunteers. 


In 2009 we showed our movie "The Bailout"






We showed our movie and a group of others at Brenden Theatres in Vacaville.
We were thrilled to have close to 100 people show up to enjoy the festivities.
The event was put on by two friends and I.

Then in 2010, we received more entries and had sponsors.  We sold 130 tickets and gave out awards.




This time we featured a movie we called "The Wedding" and many more.
This past December , 2011 we had much more assistance, received dozens of entries and more than doubled our patronage. This time we had at least 260 viewers.
While preparation would start in September for past events, this year we are starting now.
We are also working on the feature film  "Predatory Lender"





So please stay tuned if you want to submit your film or if you want to be a volunteer , send me an e-mail today
Thanks for reading my blog.
Jim Meyer
FilmMakerUno@Aol.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment